Monday, March 8, 2010

Puppets!

Back before Christmas, long, long ago, Mandy sent me a copy of a puppet pattern she had made (a la Marcel and Ponchetrain, for Great Puppet Musical fans). After looking at it many times, I finally sat down yesterday and brought him to life.


I arrayed my collection of fabrics across the living room floor (some might describe them as "strewn," but that might be a bit judgemental) and siezed upon a horriffic dollar-store metallic-gold sweater and some white fleece. A bit of charcoal gray felt (left over from an adventure in Battle of Hastings helmets ... long story) became his mouth, two sets of miraculously matching buttons, sewn on with blue thread, were his eyes, and in no time at all, he looked like this:
I'm thinking of adding some frayed sweater bits for hair, but I don't know if he needs it ... if I do, though, I'll post an update here.

1 comment:

  1. FYI: that is an awesome sweater. ;o)
    And an awesome puppet inside! Look at his little eyes! Eeeeee! And slightly-self-effacing smile! ;o)

    Yayayay puppets! Yayayayaayy pattern. Nice job! ;o)

    My big project is moving-house, at the moment, but I have definite and specific plans for my craft package and a small amount of progress on the progress bar . . . it is going to be a bunch of small projects rather than one big one.
    Wuv,
    --me! ;o)

    ReplyDelete